Tablescape Thursday…It’s a Boy!

Welcome to Tablescape Thursday, hosted by our friend

Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.

Please stop by Susan’s beautiful blog to see her amazing weekly tablescape, and

also to get your fill of tablescapes galore.

I am immensely enjoying my visit to Colorado Springs with my son and

daughter-in-law and my grandson, Cole. I leave Saturday and tomorrow

will be bittersweet. (I have missed Mr. Grits and my furry babies, too)

But, while I was here – I was able to go to their ultrasound appointment….

It’s a Boy!

“Operation Baby Boy Shower!”

We will welcome Garrett Blake Russell into our family the first of November.

If you know nothing about me, I will share with you that when I plan a

party, my “Marine Wife”

attitude and background comes out of me in full force. No battle has ever

been waged with as much precision planning as I put into an event. LOL

Don’t you just love these cakes? I found so many beautiful cake ideas online.

Look at these precious cookies. Wouldn’t these make beautiful placecards on an all

blue and white tablescape?

I love this idea. A watermelon “Baby Carriage” fruit basket.

(the wheel is falling off. lol)

My problem is going to be that I will be flying in for the shower. So I will be shipping
the party favors, etc. I will hopefully have some ideas from Amanda before
I leave, as to what “theme” or feel she wants.

So, as you can imagine I am excited.

Sorry this wasn’t a “tablescape” in the traditional sense…but I will have some
tablescape ideas I will be sharing with you soon. Stay tuned……!

Hugs and Best Wishes….Barb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. says

I love the cakes and cookies! If you need a source for them I know someone who custom makes them and they are beautiful. She can ship from CA. :-) Enjoy the rest of the time with your kids. Miss you dear friend!

View Comment
  2. says

Oh Barb, I am so happy for you. I know how much you love Cole and I know you are so excited about Garret. I just can’t wait to hear all the plans and all about your visit. What a special blessing. Love ya, and big Hugs to all. Hugs, Marty

View Comment
  3. says

Hi Barb! Congratulations on your little teeny tiny grandson! I’m so excited for you and you’ll get to meet him in the fall! How marvelous! I love all the cakes and cookies you’ve shown! I’m so glad you’ve had a great time!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;0

View Comment
  4. says

Congratulations Barb! I love the cakes you shared, especially the harlequin with the baby shoes! Just adorable. Can’t wait to see what you do for the shower, I know it will be great! Hugs, Kat

View Comment
  5. says

Congrats Barbara!
    I have 7 grandchildren and I always say if I could have had them first I wouldn’t have had my kids. Grandkids are wonderful. You can spoil them and send them home. They steal your heart from their first heartbeat. Keep us posted. Wonderful post. Love the cookies too. Please stop by Country Wings in Phoenix and say hello. I love the company. “Country Hugs”, Sherry

View Comment
  6. says

Ooohhh…I am so excited for you!! This is such wonderful news!!! I must admit I am a little jealous too…I want to be a grandmother so badly I can hardly stand it!!!

All of the goodies you shared to day are so precious!!! The cakes are gorgeous!!!

Congrats again!!! This is so wonderful!!!

Enjoy!!!
    XOXO
    Cathy

View Comment
  7. says

Dear Barb….I have NEVER in my life seen anything as sweet as this for a baby shower. When I was a little girl my Momma was a pastor’s wife and she was the one that was ALWAYS making the cakes for Baby Showers. She would take a regular sized sheet cake and cut it out like a baby sweater. With the triangles under the arms she’d make booties. The entire thing was done in whites or creams and accented with tiny pink roses for girls and soft blue or yellow for boys. They were darling! Seeing the things you’ve shared brought back GREAT memories!

LOVE IT HERE! YOu have one DARLING BLOG!

xoRebecca

View Comment
  8. says

Congratulations, Barb! I know you must be so excited! I love his name! You sure have picked out some cute cakes as inspirations! Leave it to you to oversee a long-distance shower and fly in your goodies! Where do you get your energy?? Enjoy your visit…hugs…Debbie

View Comment
  9. says

Hi Barb, Congrats to your whole family, nothing more precious than a brand new baby. Loved the cakes and doing a baby shower is so much fun, I love all the prep and excitement and I know you thrive on that and for your own grandson, even better!!! Enjoy the process, love ya,Kathysue

View Comment
  10. says

Congratulations on this wonderful news. The shower looks like it was wonderful…The cake is beautiful…Stop on over at my place some timw…I joined your blog today… Have a great week. Julie

View Comment