Fall Mantel {…a love affair professed}

I am in love with Fall.

No other Season quite puts me in this euphoric state of being quite like Autumn.

My very Southern family, who proclaims themselves as Lovers of Summer – feel that somewhere along the way – I inherited a “cold weather” gene which they did not.  It seems I am the only one who embraces this time of year with  exuberance.

How does one explain that the beauty of the seasonal colors embraces my soul as warmly as a burning fire on a cool, Autumn night.

How do I explain that the first feel of a woolen sweater against my body wraps my heart in childhood memories of my Mama fitting me with a handmade, knitted sweater she had just completed.

I can’t explain why a particular Season can play upon the senses more deeply than others.
All I know is that when Autumn ends – I feel an almost profound loss for the beauty and the feeling of bliss that has surrounded me for weeks.

I know that I have lived in parts of the World that  had very shortened seasons or virtually no Fall at all.

And I remember promising myself that I would never live for long where I could not experience
Fall each year.

If it is possible to have a love affair with a Season.

Consider me guilty.

Because in my heart, there is no Season that compares to my beloved Autumn.

Do you love Fall as much as I?

Then join me each day this week as I celebrate the Season.

If you have been following along with me the past week, you may see that there is a general look and feel that is being repeated throughout my Autumn Decor.

Natural elements. Woodsy.  Outdoors.

Leaves.  Grapevines.  Pumpkins.  Pinecones.

All elements that represent the best of the Season.

I look forward to sharing the rest of my home dressed in all its Fall Finery.

xxoo

Joining:
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tablescape Tuesday
Heather at Setting for Four for Its a Party
Kristen at Kristen’s Creations for Share Your Creations
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
Heather and Vanessa @ at the picket fence for Inspiration Friday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. Anonymous says

I share your feelings about Autumn! I live in the Pacific Northwest and it is one of my favorite times of the year. I love the way you decorate your home! It inspires me and gives me ideas on what to do in my home. Thank you!!

View Comment
  2. says

I do love Fall, too, Barb! I was thinking the other day that I really like living where you have all four seasons ~ even though snow is my arch nemesis. : ) In Winter, I don’t mind the cold, it’s just the snow. I like being able to nest in the house during the Fall and Winter months and then be outside enjoying the warmer weather in Spring and Summer.

View Comment
  3. says

Hey Barb! I’m with you – I love Fall and all it has to offer. Your place looks absolutely beautiful- GREAT looking mantle and hearth. I always associate the scent of cinnamon & spice with this time of year, too. Have a great Monday- xo Diana

View Comment
  4. says

What a beautiful display. I love the changing seasons so much that I yearn for them. I moved from England to Florida four years ago, and whilst I have settled here well enough, I grieve for my loss of Autumn and Winter. we’re having a little cooler spell right now and I’m loving it. my little boys are so excited to wear sweaters- just like you. looking at your wonderful displays give me a taste of Autumn that I cannot otherwise have. thank you so much, it’s beautiful, Sally xx

View Comment
  5. says

Hi Barbs,
    Your mantel is absolutely a Fall Spirit.

I love the deer and you mix with the pumpkins. Looks so calm.

Fall is fave time of the year due to the colors. Earthy and fall of dreams.

Happy mid-week.
    Greetings from a dark and rainy Stockhholm
    /CC

View Comment
  6. says

Thanks so much Barb for sharing your gorgeous mantle at my linky party this week! I am featuring your fabulousness at my blog today here: http://www.settingforfour.com/2012/11/its-party-time-features-11042012.html WOuld love if you could share more of your creativity at my ‘It’s a Party’ Linky party which is open now here: http://www.settingforfour.com/2012/11/its-party-time-11-04-2012.html Thanks again and have a wonderful Sunday!

View Comment